My husband and I have this habit of asking the question of what a famous successful public figure would say or do if he/she was in our situation.
Last week, I was having one of those days where I was trying to finish work on time and get to the bottom of that never ending to do list, but I didn’t. Everything after that was just a blur for me; I rushed to pick up the big kids from school and the baby from nursery; left – overs from last night calmed the screaming hungry crew. I was clearly having a silent melt down.
Stopping me in the midst of a very compelling feeling ‘sorry for myself’ routine talk that happens when you have days like this one, my husband Paul stopped me in my tracks, and asked me what Jim Rohn would say to me at this very moment…
Here are the 10 quotes I think Jim Rohn would want to remind me of
- Success is nothing more than a few disciplines practiced every day.
- The only way it gets better for you is when you get better. Better is not something you wish, it’s something you become.
- All leaders are readers.
- Successful people do what unsuccessful people are not willing to do.
- Don’t wish it was easier, wish you were better. Don’t wish for less problems, wish for more skills. Don’t wish for less challenges, wish for more wisdom.
- Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.
- Learn how to be happy with what you have while you pursue all that you want
- Let others lead small lives, but not you. Let others argue over small things, but not you. Let others cry over small hurts, but not you. Let others leave their future in someone else’s hands, but not you
- If you are not willing to risk the usual you will have to settle for the ordinary.
- Don’t spend major time on minor things
Which quote of Jim Rohn inspires you the most at this very moment?