LCN Legal currently has a vacancy for the following position:
Corporate Senior Associate / Senior Solicitor – Property Investment Structures
LCN Legal is a boutique law firm, focusing on corporate and investment structures. We currently have four main areas of focus:
- Legal implementation of group reorganisations for large corporates
- Property investment structures
- Services for Chinese HNWIs investing into the UK
- Securitisation structures and loan portfolio servicing
As part of the second area of focus listed above, we help property developers, fund managers, investors and other intermediaries to create legal structures for property investment.
Our approach is to focus on niche markets, such as property developers who want to raise funds for their projects from private investors. We help our clients to manage the entire process, from promotion of the investment opportunity to structuring and implementing the corporate arrangements. We work closely with financial services advisers, tax advisers, property lawyers and other professionals on each project. We aim to develop a consistent approach for each type of project – so that our clients benefit from a tried-and-tested model, and so that we can benefit from time and other efficiencies.
Typical projects include:
• Establishment of SPVs as property joint ventures
• Promoting and establishing self-managed syndicates, which may be structured as trusts, LLPs or corporates
• Raising capital through bond issues
• Establishment of limited partnership structures
• Purchase and sale of property SPVs
We regularly publish articles and resources on this subject. We also present seminars and training sessions.
We are passionate about helping our clients get results faster, better, and with less hassle. We are equally passionate about giving our team the benefits of a productive, satisfying work life and a healthy, fulfilling personal life.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for someone to help drive forward this area of our practice. If you are ambitious, self-motivated, open and enthusiastic about the idea of creating something special, this could be for you. Suitable candidates will be likely to have senior associate or senior solicitor-level experience of joint venture and other corporate transactional work, gained at a top-tier law firm.
The personality and cultural fit, together with general corporate skills in relation to private company transactional work, are the most important criteria. Specific experience of property investment structures is not essential, but would be an advantage.
Candidates will need to demonstrate the confidence and ability to engage with clients and prospects directly – initially with supervision, and independently after a transition period.
The specific working hours can be tailored on a case-by-case basis, subject to agreed “core hours” which are likely to be 9am to 4pm, Mondays to Fridays.
Candidates who have taken career breaks (for example, maternity or paternity leave) are particularly welcome.
On the other hand if you’re the kind of person who prefers a traditional office environment and the comfort of having large teams around you, this won’t be for you.
What we offer
For the right candidate, we offer an extremely attractive package including:
- The ability to work from home (or any other location), cutting out the time wasted in commuting
- Working hours which are compatible with family and other commitments
- A niche strategy, with active support and encouragement from the team so that you can raise your personal profile in the market, and attract the clients we are in the best position to help
- City rates of pay (we benchmark salaries to Silver Circle City law firms, with a pro rata adjustment if appropriate to reflect the core hours worked)
- Family health insurance
- The security of full employment, not self-employed or zero-hours status
Get in touch
If you’re interested, have a look around our website. If you like what you see, get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Send us your email and tell us why you’re excited about the possibility of joining us. We will be delighted to hear from you.
No agencies please.
Get practical advice & insights on the Legal Implementation of Transfer Pricing for Multinational Groups