Tudor is one of LCN’s partners, specialising in advising on the legal and strategic aspects of large-scale property developments.
Tudor qualified as a solicitor in 1973, following a career as a central banker with the Bank of England.
He has advised on a wide range of projects, including:
- acting for a substantial land owner concerning acquisition by negotiating, rather than CPOs of major interests of land required by the London Development Agency for the Olympic Games. Complex and protracted terms and documentation;
- acquisition for clients of St David’s House Cardiff from Quintain Estates plc in 2009. Multi let building. Continuous re-lets and general management. Fixed debt security with Julian Hodge Bank Ltd, Cardiff. Negotiated a disposal to Cardiff City Council in 2013 and this building is now part of the regeneration of Capital Square, Cardiff. JV with Rightacres Limited, a prominent local developer, who has just secured the bidding to relocate the BBC into Capital Square;
- acquisition of 15 acres of land at North Glasgow, an area in dire need of regeneration and employment opportunities. Currently awaiting planning whereupon the land will be developed as a 60,000 sq food store, ancillary comparative shopping, business start up units and small workshops. Site adjoins 85 acres of vacant land, suitable for social housing. In discussions with Scottish enterprises and contractors in Belfast to put a proposal to Glasgow City Council to work alongside them to develop this land to benefit the local community;
- Acting on a major redevelopment in Liverpool a development partly behind a Victorian façade. Dealing with pre-lets to Tesco, Q-Park and Ibis Hotels. Complex agreement with the adjoining Vernon Arms re party walls and over-sail rights. Negotiating a new head lease with Liverpool City Council in exchange for transferring freeholds, thus creating a legal interest appropriate to the development. Negotiating a forward funding agreement with Aviva Staff Pension Trustees;
- advising a long standing client, Dutch born and resident in France concerning his residency or not in the UK and to establish his domicile. Instructing tax counsel and resolving all tax and domicile issues to his satisfaction. Advising and drafting a discretionary exempt trust instrument and advising members resident in the UK concerning tax treatment so far as they are concerned in respect of any benefits remitted to the UK.