On 9 December 2016, LCN Legal will co-host a private roundtable discussion on the practicalities of preparing an Annual Tax Strategy, which large corporates will be required to publish under the Finance Act 2016. This obligation will apply to UK groups with an annual turnover of £200 million or more, or a group balance sheet total of more than £2 billion.
The publication rules have effect for financial years beginning on or after 15 September 2016, the date on which the Finance Act received Royal Assent. Publication will be required within the financial year to which the strategy relates and will present additional challenges to business operating internationally.
This new requirement forms part of an unprecedented increase in tax transparency, regulation, and compliance which corporates are now required to adhere to. This in turn places a greater burden on in-house finance and tax to manage their resources wisely.
Who the event is for
This closed-door discussion is exclusively for CFOs, Finance Directors, Heads of Tax and Tax Managers in larger international businesses, in all sectors, whose size brings them within existing and proposed new tax regulations (or is likely to in the near future), including:
- Requirement to publish annual Tax Strategies;
- Transfer Pricing Regulations;
- Senior Accounting Officer regime.
What attendees can expect to receive
The seminar will include expert guest speakers who will share their views on best practice tax for risk management and facilitate a discussion of the practical issues arising. This will provide attendees with an understanding of how to go about complying with the new regulations in a way which is practical and effective. The session will be an opportunity to discuss key issues such as:
- Drafting a Tax Strategy fit for publication;
- Assessing and managing tax risk;
- Best practice as regards Transfer Pricing strategy & documentation;
- The role of technology in meeting new tax obligations;
- Engaging internal and external resources effectively, so as to achieve the right level of compliance at the right cost.
The session will be held on a strictly confidential basis, to create a safe environment for participants to share practical experiences and approaches.
About the expert panel
The session will be facilitated by a panel of experts representing a rare combination of hands-on, in-house tax experience and leading ‘big four” credentials. These include:
- Alan Kennedy – Managing Director of Trident Tax.
- Stephen Alleway – Transfer Pricing Partner at Questro International, following a career at Deloitte and PwC.
- Paul Harrison – former Head of Tax Investigations, KPMG UK, now Tax Director, Trident Tax.
- Lee Holloway – Group Head of Tax at Next plc.
- Justin Walton – Founder and CEO of PLS, former Head of Tax at John Laing Group plc following a career at KPMG and BDO.
- Paul Sutton – Partner at LCN Legal, following a career at Pinsent Masons and KPMG.
Date, time & venue
The seminar will be held on Friday 9 December 2016. Registration will begin at 9.30am. The seminar itself will begin at 10.00am and will close by noon.
The venue will be a central London location, kindly provided by Trident Tax.
The event is sponsored by LCN Legal, a boutique law firm specialising in the legal implementation of corporate structures. There will be no cost for attendees.
How to reserve your place
Spaces at the seminar are strictly limited to 15 attendees and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
To request a place, please contact Sonia Polden by email at email@example.com or by telephone on +44 20 3286 8868.
If you are unsure of your availability on 9 December 2016 but would like to hear of similar future events, please let us know.