LCN Legal is seeking two highly experienced paralegals or junior solicitors / lawyers to join our dynamic and ambitious team.
Following a period of training and oversight, the successful applicants will be responsible for, among other things:
- Providing commercial contract support – drafting / reviewing and proof-reading transaction steps lists, commercial contracts, loan agreements, intercompany agreements, corporate resolutions and other legal documents.
- Preparing legal documents lists and briefing notes for corporate projects.
- Coordinating the completion of corporate projects and managing post-completion matters such as Companies House filings and the compiling of transaction bibles.
- Managing new entity incorporations.
- Providing administrative support for documents and activities related to corporate restructuring and other strategic projects (such as mergers and acquisitions (M&A), intra-group share transfers and company dissolutions).
- Managing client take on processes, preparing engagement letters and requesting, checking and filing know your client (KYC) compliance documents.
- Working alongside the broader team on particular projects and initiatives.
- Liaising with clients and their advisers (such as tax and transfer pricing professionals) to ensure that the service we provide is responsive and collaborative.
Experience with international group structures (and, for one of the vacancies, property investment structures) would be an advantage but is not essential.
More important is the ability to demonstrate a strong work ethic, a proactive sense of initiative including when working remotely, and a genuine interest in working with our team.
Each successful candidate will work primarily with one of our senior lawyers, but will also support the wider team.
About LCN Legal
LCN Legal is a fast growing and award-winning boutique law firm, recognized internationally as leading the way in the legal design of group structures for multinational groups. With a general focus on corporate and investment structures, we concentrate primarily on:
- The legal implementation of group and supply chain reorganisations for multinational groups.
- Creating, implementing and maintaining intercompany agreements for transfer pricing compliance.
- M&A transactions (domestic and cross-border).
- General corporate and commercial matters.
- Property investment structures, including the establishment of funds, syndicates and joint ventures.
- Robust analytical abilities and attention to detail.
- Strong client-facing skills (oral and written).
- An ability to work independently with confidence and to prioritise multiple tasks and projects effectively.
- Experience of legal due diligence / commercial contract reviews in the context of M&A transactions (an advantage but not a pre-requisite).
- Strong data processing skills – some of our work involves reading extensive transfer pricing reports and summarizing key relevant information.
- Experience of drafting and tailoring simple legal documents, using template documents
- A high level of competence with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and online platforms such as SharePoint.
- Experience using social media for professional and business development purposes.
- Exceptional time management and organisational skills.
- An eagerness to learn new skills and to grow with the firm.
Remote working and the need to be flexible regarding working hours
All of LCN Legal’s staff work remotely, and this was the case even before Covid-19. Successful candidates must therefore be able to provide a suitable home office environment. Once Covid-19 restrictions allow, we meet as a team at least once per month and we have regular weekly (or, at times, daily) client project and leadership video calls.
Because much of our work is for clients based outside of Europe, we often need to be flexible when arranging the times for calls with clients. The USA and the Americas is our fastest-growing market, and so this flexibility may mean working later in the day. We also provide a significant amount of support for clients and advisers in the APAC region.
What we offer
For the right candidates, we offer a welcoming team environment including:
- Comprehensive training in a niche and high value area of legal practice and strategy (we are the leading experts globally on the legal implementation of transfer pricing), with active support and encouragement from the team so that you can significantly increase your skill base and raise your personal profile in the market.
- A wide variety of project and legal experience.
- Direct contact with senior professionals within large multinational corporate groups and household names globally (many of the projects we work on have no connection with the UK).
- The opportunity to carve out and develop your role and career within LCN Legal.
- Future opportunities for promotion within the firm.
- The ability to work from home (or any other location).
- Competitive remuneration package including private health insurance.
- A friendly and supportive culture.
- The opportunity to be part of a world-leading team.
How to apply
If you would like to apply for either of these positions, please email us at email@example.com.
Please make the subject line of your email "Application: senior paralegal / junior solicitor".
Please briefly explain in your email who you are and why you are interested in a position with us.
And please attach your CV in the form of a PDF document. Your CV should be no more than 2 pages in 11 point text.
We look forward to hearing from you. We'll do our best to acknowledge all applications within 7 days.
No agencies please.