Our priorities are to make our clients feel that they are in safe hands, and to provide a high quality service.
As a senior professional working in our team, you would be at the heart of this.
So a typical working week might involve:
- Completing online CPD or other training activities, in line with the training plan you have developed with our support
- The usual legal work of preparing agreements, minutes and resolutions, documents lists and agendas
- Responding to enquiries from new clients, and assessing whether we can help
- For new matters, preparing fixed fee budgets, scopes of work and engagement letters
- Ensuring that the firm’s client take-on procedures are followed
- Interacting with clients and third parties
- Managing the progress of the matters that you are responsible for
- Reviewing and supervising others’ work where required
- Arranging for invoices to be issued as appropriate
- Contributing to weekly virtual meetings with your immediate team
As regards business development, your main contribution would be likely to involve:
- writing articles, to be published in the ‘resources’ section of our website (for example, once a month)
- occasionally, presenting or co-presenting training sessions for providers of related services (such as tax advisers)
You would also attend monthly team meetings in person, held at a central location, so that we can get to know each other better and identify how we can improve the way we do things, for the benefit of our clients.