This checklist is for management, legal and company secretarial teams, tax teams and project managers who are preparing for or implementing corporate simplification projects and the removal of dormant entities from their group structures.
The document consists of a 27-page, 213-point checklist of key actions and information requirements to prepare for corporate simplification projects, and has been developed on the basis of our specialist experience in the removal of group companies and corporate restructuring projects.
The 213 points are helpfully separated into the following 14 functional areas for ease of reference and efficient project management:
- Project Team / Project Manager
- Business functions / Directors
- Company Secretarial
- Human Resources / Employment
- Intellectual Property
- Health, Safety and the Environment
- Real Estate
The areas covered by the checklist include the following:
- Company information gathering
- Timing, milestones and materiality thresholds
- Project Management / Milestone tracking
- Master Due Diligence Log
- Overview of Company Status
- Summary of actions to be completed prior to strike-off or members’ voluntary liquidation
- Historical commercial contracts and relationships
- Finance and tax status
- Legal, regulatory and compliance matters
- Employees and benefits
- Next steps and further due diligence
For more information about how you can prepare for the removal of dormant companies or corporate restructuring projects more generally, please feel free to contact us at any time using the contact details below.